Friday 22 April 2016

Week 16 - Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge - Swirls and Flourishes

Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday everyone.
Did you all have a good week?  We have a new challenge for you this fortnight and our theme is
Swirls & Flourishes
This could be die cut swirls or flourishes. in the paper, any part of your creation as long as it is included somewhere :-)  You have until Noon GMT, Friday 6 May, to enter this challenge.
Our winner will receive a $10 gift voucher to the Polkadoodles Download Store.
We only have a few little rules and they are over there in the side bar ---->
You do not need to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges,
however, we are loving seeing all your makes with the Polkadoodles images. Remember if you use a Polkadoodles image, you could Win a Feather in you Cap, more details on this in the pages tab above

Anyway, let's get on with the show and see what the wonderful Design Team have for your inspiration this week.

Scatty Jan - For my make this week I have used the fantastic Lavender Tea collection you can find it in store right here or a a CD here . So very lovely to craft with including some lush templates - This time I decided on a triple easel card there are lots more photos and details on my blog xx


Jackie - For the Swirls and Flourishes challenge I have played with The Winnie Sprinkles Springtime Collection. I played around resizing flowers and butterflies from the CD and chose an image to print off. This was coloured using Copic markers - I have to say, I am really enjoying colouring Winnie!
I added both die cut and crystal swirls and flourishes on the layers of my card.


Ria -  For the Swirls and Flourish challenge this week I used the gorgeous Eden Collection. I printed Eden Cherryblossom on Kraft and coloured her with alcohol markers and pencils. The swirls are from a die set.


Carol - today I've made an easel card with a very cute frame featuring A Gift, a sentiment, butterfly and background paper from from the Winnie Fruit Punch collection.  I printed all my elements on Copic Xpress-it cardstock and coloured my image with my Copics. The swirls are from a Couture creations die, which I tinted with Copics and embellished with flowers.


Jenny - I've made a very simple card because it's for someone I work with and we don't go too elaborate for workmates. I have used Winnie Sugar Sprinkles and I really don't think she needs too much as the images are perfect to stand alone.


Mia - This card is made using the gorgeous Winnie Sugar Sprinkles collection. All the papers, image and embellishments are from the collection. The swirls are from Joanna Sheen. For more details please visit my blog.


Karon - Ooh swirls and flourishessss :-)  I have used the Lavender Tea Collection for my cards to day. I couldn't decide whether to give the front panel a scalloped circle or a rectangle so I did two cards :-) Which do you prefer?  The darker flourish on the purple background is from the Lemonade Fizz Collection.  I have inked all the edges of all the flowers and the layers.

Wonderful inspiration from the Design Team, hope that gets your creative juices flowing.

Our winners of the Floral Frenzy Challenge and our Feather in my Cap winners
for using PD images (more details in the pages tab up top) will be announce next Friday.

Have a great week - Thanks for sharing your makes with us each and every week, we love coming to
visit and appreciate you taking part in our challenges.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!